Who’s ready for fall and easy pleasing autumn soup recipes like Corn Chowder paired with a delicious La Brea Bakery Olive Oil Round Loaf?! I know I am, so here is how to make this crowd favorite recipe that a pal gave me years ago from her Pampered Chef recipe book. I made a few changes and it is so super yum! Watch the video below the picture to see how to make the soup. The print-friendly recipe version is under the video. Bring on fall!
Corn Chowder Printable Recipe
I love those tasty and fun Pampered Chef (www.pamperedchef.com) parties and I love some of the recipes that come with the cookware. Here is one of my favorites. The only change I make is to add a bread bowl. Here is how to make this easy and yummy dish.
Stuff You Need:
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 can of 14 1/2 oz. chicken broth
1 can of 12 oz. fat-free evaporated milk
1 can of 15 oz. creamed corn
2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
1 cup cubed cooked ham
Cooked crumbled bacon
2 Tablespoons sliced chives
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 round French or Sourdough bread rounds (I get mine at Safeway) to make bowls for 4 soup servings
What You Do:
1. Cut potatoes and ham into cubes and set aside.
2. Dice bell pepper and coarsely chop celery.
3. Heat butter in saucepan on medium heat and then add the bell pepper and celery. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
4. Stir in flour and heat until bubbly.
5. Gradually add broth, evaporated milk and corn, whisking until blended.
6. Add potatoes, bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until tators are tender.
7. Stir in ham and heat through.
8. Remove from heat, stir bacon into soup and then season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve in individual bread bowls like the ones shown in my picture. Top with more bacon and green onions.
Enjoy! What is your favorite warm-me-up soup? Share in the comments section.