Manic: You have been invited to a party, but don’t know what to bring to contribute and you are almost out of time to grab something nice and something good.
Managed: No worries, I’ve got a few simple last-minute ideas that are easy, tasty and simple to transport to the celebration.
1. Trader Joe’s Guacamole Kit ($3.99 at kit at Trader Joe’s)
Stuff You Need:
Trader Joe’s guacamole kit ($3.99 at Trader Joes)
Optional — 1/2 package of McCormick Produce Partners Great Guacamole Mix – Spicy
dash of sea salt
1. Chop and mix the avocado, tomato, garlic cloves, onion and jalapeno pepper from the kit. Squeeze the lime juice into the mixture.
2. Next pour in half of the McCormick packet and save the other half for next time. Since the kit comes with a jalapeno pepper, half of the spicy packet is plenty. Also add a dash of sea salt.
3. My other trick is to use a potato masher to mix it all up.
4. That’s it! You are done. I like to serve it with the Trader Joe’s Spicy Soy & Flaxseed chips. Delicious!
2. Last Second Greek Salad Cheat Recipe —
Stuff You Need:
1 head of romaine lettuce
1/4 lb. of your grocer’s Greek salad fresh from the deli
Feta cheese to sprinkle on top – your desired amount (I forgot to do this in my pictured salad!)
What You Do:
1. Simply combining the deli Greek salad with the lettuce gives you an instant last second salad. Plus the deli Greek salad has enough dressing already on it, so no additional dressing is needed, but taste it and then decide for yourself if you need to add extra dressing.
And remember to use romaine lettuce for good health. Did you know that romaine has 6 times more Vitamin C and 8 times more beta-carotene than iceberg lettuce? Good to know and healthy to eat.
3. A Healthy Veggie Tray
Bring a veggie tray. My favorite one comes from Safeway. It is easy to transport, big and comes with a yummy Ranch dipping sauce right in the middle. I have found that both adults and kids enjoy this veggie tray when I bring it to the big game party. If you put it out, they will eat it and then you can get at least one serving of veggies in your family during the party.
What last minute snack ideas do you have for a big game and for other celebrations? Share here in the comments section.