No syrup needed for this fabulous French toast recipe. You can use some if you desire, but when I tasted my food stylist Julie McMillian’s Overnight French Toast recipe, it was so tasty that I skipped the syrup! Here is the video demo and the recipe is written out below. Try it! The La Brea Bakery French Loaf that was used in the recipe is sold locally in Arizona at Fry’s and Safeway stores. To find a store closest to you that sells the high quality artisan La Brea Bakery line, visit the La Brea Bakery store locater page
Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
What You Need
3 cups of La Brea Bakery French Loaf bread broken into pieces
2 cups of milk
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
What You Do
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Stir brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium low heat for 2 to 4 minutes, then pour into dish and spread 2 inch layer of bread over top.
- Beat milk, vanilla and eggs. Pour mixture over bread. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!