If you are not a pumpkin pie fan, but like pumpkin desserts or if you want something a little different from the usual pumpkin pie, try this scrumptious pumpkin supreme recipe. Several years ago, I asked my sister-in-law for her Texas family’s recipe for my all-time favorite dessert that she makes for us every Thanksgiving and Christmas. She gave it to me and gave me to permission to share it with you! It is called Pumpkin Supreme and it is better than pumpkin pie any day, in my opinion! With a light whipped topping over a pumpkin and cream cheese layer that lays on top of a chilled delish graham cracker crust, this recipe will have your guests coming back for seconds. Here is how you make it…
1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped pecans
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 big container cool whip
3/4 cup milk
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1 regular sized can of pumpkin
dash of cinnamon
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup of the sugar in with the butter.
2. Press this mixture into a 9 x 12 Pyrex dish, so that this becomes the crust.
3. Combine eggs with the 3/4 cup of sugar and cream cheese.
4. Mix until fluffy.
5. Spread over crust.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. When completely cool (can even refrigerate overnight), go on to next step.
8. Mix 3/4 cup milk with two boxes of instant vanilla pudding.
9. Add pumpkin.
12. Cover with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle nuts on top. Here is what a slice looks like and you won’t believe how good it tastes. Place a dollop of whipped cream on top, like pictured, or layer the entire top with whipped cream, sprinkled cinnamon and pecans. Up to you. Truly decadent! You can also serve this dessert in mason jars by following the same steps and layering in the jars instead of a pan. This recipe is super tasty. Try it!
Enjoy! So yummy! Happy Thanksgiving!!